Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP)
There are nine measures that are tracked for the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP). The measures include the following.
- Prophylatic Antibiotic Given to Patients Within 60 Minutes
- Accurate Antibiotic Selection
- Prophylatctic Antibiotic Discontinued Within 24 Hours
- Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Prophylaxis Given Within 24 Hours
- Appropriate Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Prophylaxis Ordered
- Temperature Monitored on SCIPS Selected Surgical Cases
- Foley Catheter Removal Within Prescribed Timeframe Following Surgery
- Proper Hair Removal Prior to Surgery
- Beta Blockers Used Appropriately
Hannibal Regional Hospital’s goal is to be 100% in compliance. View our outcomes below compared to state of Missouri and National averages.