Skilled Nursing Services
- disease and medication management
- vital signs and blood sugar management
- wound care and dressing changes
- injections and intravenous medications
- blood and specimen collection
- catheter or Ostomy care
- educate the patient, family or caregivers on patient care and the disease process the patient has been diagnosed with
- coordinate care and interventions with the physicians and therapies involved
- Physical therapy in the home setting focuses on the restoration of normal movement. Therapists evaluate a patient’s strength and potential to return to their previous level of independence
- gait and balance retraining
- bed mobility transfer
- strengthening and therapeutic devices
- prosthetic devices and braces training
- Occupational therapists use selected rehabilitative, vocational and educational tasks to restore or enhance physical abilities. These therapists will evaluate the patient’s home living situation and develop a program for self-care aimed at promoting independence and safety in everyday living.
- eating, dressing and personal hygiene retraining
- adaptive or customized therapy devices training
Medical Social Services
- Speech therapists evaluate the patient’s level of ability, provide therapy to improve or relearn speaking and listening skills and when indicated, teaches the patient and family new methods of communication.
- language and communication retraining
Home Health Aide
- The social worker performs psychosocial assessment, financial environment assessment and provides counseling and long-range planning.
- community resource planning
- financial and emotional counseling
- physical environment assessment
- Certified Home health Aides perform specific duties related directly to a patient’s personal care: bath, oral hygiene, skin care, exercises, assist with self-administered medications, feeding when necessary, and perform simple procedures as an extension of therapeutic services.
- Managing recovery after surgery
- IV therapy
- antibiotic therapy
- total parenteral nutrition
- Pain management
- Diet therapy
For more information call (573)406-5780 (toll-free) 1-800-981-4442.